Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dedicated to my Sister Elizabeth..



My Beautiful sister Elizabeth and hubby Marky with her 5 Miracle's!!!



CANCER SURVIVOR In 1994 my dear sister Elizabeth at the young age of 22 years old was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. A true Breast Cancer Survivor, with her pure Faith in God she is still with us today. She eventually had her breast removed and has been in remission since. She was told by doctors at the time that she would not be able to bear children, yet has now borne 5 healthy children.Anessa, Alema, Tai,Teancum and Abi. As her older sister, I look up to her like no other...at the time of the terrible news, I remember crying wondering to myself why couldn't it have been ME instead of LIZ....All my life growing up knowing her, she was never one to get in any kind of trouble, she was very obedient to our parents and she could never do anyone wrong,even if she tried...so as we were told that she may only have a year or even a few months to live,I can't tell you how scared I felt at that time and sad,being that she was sooo young,was just recently engaged to marry her current husband Marky,I truly wanted to switch places with her..I know she credits her survival from a very special distinct blessing that was given her from our grandfather Iohani and what she has shared with us is that immediately following the blessing that was given her,she had complete Faith that she would be healed from this awful cancer..I admire her for her pure Integrity and her willingness to always be there for me regardless of her own circumstances or what she may have been going through and as I've watched the news and read different articles that have highlighted and reminded women all over the world about October being Breast Cancer Awareness month I had to dedicate a special Blog to one in our own immediate family that has conquered this terrible cancer....my Sweet Loving sister...Elizabeth Fatai... I thank my Heavenly Father for sparing her life that she is still with us and has been one of the greatest blessings in so many ways...her devotion to her family,her church,her God is a strength to me personally and as I see how she handles herself with her so called Handicap (one breast) it amazes me how she remains humble and greatful that she is still living and was able to bear 5 Healthy children...3 girls and 2 boys...may you continue to live a long,healthy and prosperous life sis....you will always be an example to me of someone who could've gave up but instead perservered through the many surgeries and I'm sure personal questions and trials that you had to have been going through as a young woman at the time,I could only imagine ...but now I see how the Lord has blessed you and your ever growing family...and you still have never forgotten the Lord in your life...You represent all of the above...HOPE,FAITH,LOVE,COURAGE and STRENGTH...I love you Sis...and for all my sisters and friends out there.....GO GET YOUR MAMMOGRAM!!!!Early Detection is KEY!!




Ofa Lahi Atu, Katharine






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I can definitely share the fact that she is our most kindest and nicest sister. I don't have a single memory of her spanking me or even yelling at me.....actually Kat, you were also one that never yelled at me or hit me even once....thank you both for always being kind to me even at my pau'u stage. lol. But truly and honestly I believe it was just one of Liz's tests in life and I believe with her faith it was easy for the lord to bless her with her life back and 5 kids as a bonus. Me and my wife always visit Liz and it's always a great time that we have. Liz is one of those people you know for sure is going to heaven... There's only a limited amount of people I can say that about in our family. She truly strengthens my testimony and spirit. I love you Liz...
Your Lil bro. Mika

coconutmama said...

Aw, beautiful post! Thank you for sharing. What a miracle and a great example sje is to all of us. And her kids are so beautiful! Just goes to show that with God, anything is possible-regardless of what Doctors might say! Are they still at BYU law school?

Lyla And Company! said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE!! I AM GOING TO DO ONE ON MY BLOG TOO!! I LOVE LIZ AND HAVE SUCH FUN AND GREAT MEMORIES OF HER IN IOWA!!! I MISS YOU KAT AND LOVE YOU ALL! KISS THE BOYS FOR ME AND KEEP IN TOUCH! OFA ATU!!!

Nykki said...

Hey Katherine.

I remember hearing about Liz when this happened. It was almost around the time my aunt developed breast cancer. It hasn't come back for her either. I know how you felt, wanting to take the pain and fear. I didn't know what to say to my aunt. I couldn't look at her without wanting to cry. Liz has a beautiful family and I am proud that I share a birthday with her and got to met her!