Friday, June 20, 2008

Day with the kids does Miracles!






This was our first official Swim outing this summer.....and boy was it a good idea...It has been extremely HOT these past few days and it seems the only thing on our minds are SLURPIES and hitting the POOL!!!! My boys love water, Kingston is like a FISH and Zion is just getting used to the fact that it's way more Fun than it is Scary! I just want to say how much I love my 2 boys and haven't expressed it all that much in my blogging so far, so this is a tribute to my children and how much they really do take away alot of the daily stress that I feel....Spending the whole day with them outside was just a great way to Inhale and Exhale and watch them just be kids....I sat there and just wished that I could be a kid again...No worries on their lil' minds and their pure innocence of just being themselves. They are my little miracles...As much as they might pull on my strings at times I wouldn't turn them in for anything...They both have a very affectionate side to them...Kingston even though he is 6 now still lets me give him hugs and kisses and has a very emotional side to him, so I' ve gotta always be careful what I say or do, because his emotions can go way to the left and than it takes alot of patience on my part to just let him cool down...Zion has an infatuation or fetish with touching my face constantly...he's always grabbing on to my ears or caressing my face and than grabbing both my cheeks and slapping me with a Big Wet Kiss! Every morning we exchange "I love you's" and I try to say it many times throughout the day, especially when they don't expect it, I'll just say..Kingston,do you know how much I love you? sometimes I get a reply and sometimes he's so involved with his coloring books or legos that he'll just glance up at me with an awkward smile than go back to his playing...As much as I know how much my parents loved me, they never really said it to me verbally or on a regular basis,so I guess this is one of those things that I've chosen to change with the raising of my kids, is to say it and show it more often. We had a talk this morning when we woke up about their new little baby brother that is coming soon, and they both were arguing who was gonna hold him first...It was too cute! but they both are very excited to having another addition to our family...In closing I just want to let my 2 children know how Proud I am of them and all the Happiness and Joy that they do bring to our little family... Kingston has accomplished so much in his short little life of 6 yrs and I'll have to post some of his accomplishments that he made in Kindergarten this year as well as other curricular activities,so watch out for that..and Zion he's only 2 and can say all his ABC's as well as sing the whole song of "I am a child of God" if I can get him to stay still for 2 or 3 min. I will video him and share that with you all as well...My prayer as a parent is that I will not let my Father (in heaven) down and try my best to be a loving,nurturing mother to them and hopefully they will all grow up to be Strong,Law-Abiding, Faithful Priesthood holders and Followers and Servers of Christ til' the very end...Ofa Lahi Atu, Your loving Mother, Katharine

3 comments:

Jen said...

Isn't that saying true..as a mother...you can have a full day of chaos,..mommy this and mommy that...and then that one little moment that lasts for just a minute or two,...makes it all worth it!
Dad's everywhere miss out on these precious moments...its great being a mom.

Ana said...

that is so sweet.. too!.. I like to do the same with my boys .. I always ...tell them i love them throughout the day .. because i guess one of my fears is for one to think i love one more than the other .. and i simply can't so the i love u's are always there!!! I just want you to know that having 3 boys in a row ... has been so fun.. of course i wanted my 3rd one to be a girl so i could experience a girl .. but i would never change it .for the world if i had a chance..!! don't get me wrong i still want a baby girl .. hopefully I will still get that chance..

Ane said...

I love this post! You are a wonderful mama!