Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My ThrowBack Pic of the Day!!!!

Moana, Myself and Elizabeth (1978 ish)

Weren't we just the cutest in these lil' neon-green outfits.....This was my life as a child...Always in makeup and on stage! I have to say that it was fun but it was the norm,it was like we were always on Cue...our mother was an entertainer and she was a perfectionist...so you can imagine she was a very good and effective teacher..as you can see in this pic... I believe this was at the Ming Restaurant in Salt Lake City off of Redwood Rd...I believe the Mapu family group was the Main group that performed there and we would fill in during the weekdays..My funnest memory was being able to eat at the buffet afterwards with all the yummy chinese food! Anyhoo, just sharing a small piece of my childhood..I totally remember this dance...The Va'ahine holo lio ( not correct spelling) I always felt like a lil' magician with the black sticks that we used with this dance and of course the hats! CHEERIO's for now!

5 comments:

Lyla And Company! said...

OH. MY. GOSH.!! I SOOOO REMEMBER THESE COSUTMES AND EVEN DOING THIS NUMBER!!!!!!!!!!! CARAZY!!! HEY DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS W/ LONI AND I??? JUST WONDERING!! WHAT WAS THE ANCIENT FIRE ONE WE DID IN THE ORANGE AND BLACK COSTUMES??? AND WHERE IS ROSE AND ANYA AT THESE DAYS??? LOVE YA...OH AND NO BABY YET? HAHAHA...

Katharine Wolfgramm Wilson said...

Hi lyla,

Carazy is right! I do remember the blk silk with orange flame outfit but I can't remember what dance or island that was from...I'm gonna have to dig around and see if I can find any pics of us all in Iowa..Lose (Rose) and Anya are living here in Utah and I think Rose has 3 or 4 grandchildren now...well, this baby is due anytime between the last week of Jul and first week of Aug..It's gonna have to be a C-sec so I was thinkin if I can hang in there I'll pick 08-08-08..since my eldest son's bday landed on 2-22-02..kinda fun,and I just heard from my neighbor that apparently 8's are like a big GOOD LUCK # sign in China,and that's when their New Years lands on..so maybe I'll have good chinese luck..LOL!!!but yeah, I'm ready anytime,cuz it's soooo HOT and DRY here..I just try to stay indoors with the AC full-blast! Love ya and laters!

Mike Beltran said...

and you all are still cute!!!...loving the green color!!..but hey how come you got to wear gloves on both hands and Mo and Liz only got one on each hand??? Where are their left hand gloves?? :)

Katharine Wolfgramm Wilson said...

Oh you know Mike, I was the Princess/Oldest....LOL!!!! prolly wasn't in the budget, remind me to ask my mom about that when I see her again!!! LOL!!!

Ane said...

Love the green outfits, heck your costumes look wayyy better than ours did! Such a classic photo to cherish!