Saturday, July 19, 2008

HAPPY 43RD BIRTHDAY TO THE ELDEST IN OUR FAMILY!!!





Wishing my oldest brother Leroy Kalanite Wolfgramm a very Happy Happy Birthday to you today! yep, he's the eldest of 17 children.....I just want to let him know how much I do love and respect him, and am very grateful that he is my brother....What we both have in common is that he's the oldest BOY in the fam and I'm the oldest GIRL in the fam....so we both probably in our own ways feel that we have a bigger responsibility to make sure our family stays close and what not..He was the only sibling in our family that was born in the Friendly Islands of the Kingdom of Tonga and also the only one who can speak fluently in the Tongan language....I've always admired his sense of GENIUS, literally can read a manual on basically anything and have it mastered in no time....I do have to give credit to him for all that I know musically, he taught me how to play the piano and to learn how to play by simply listening....My memories of him as a child was that he was very studious...loved to read,very creative,was a great older brother to his younger brothers,was more on the SHY side, had a very humbleness about him, was like a sponge that just soak everything in....as he grew older into his teen years, he was very obedient to our parents...and was literally a Momma's boy...one that always had and showed respect to our parents and still does til this day,always proud of his Tongan/German heritage...He studied Theology in highschool and has always been very spiritually natured and into learning about all kinds of religions. Has always had a very strong, unwavering testimony of the gospel, ALWAYS had friends around him....mostly who were into music...because his whole life revolved around music...his room was like a mini-studio with every possible instrument available and he would be up to the wee hours writing songs,creating new beats etc....as he was approaching his mid 30's he was still single and we all were starting to worry a bit, until one day his beautiful shining Bride..Ana appeared and now they have been married for I think 11 years with 3 handsome sons living in Arizona....Although we live in different states and our visits are not as frequent, I know our family bond is still strong and that he has made a life for him and his family that is one of PEACE, LOVE and HAPPINESS....Miss you brother and very excited to see you, Ana and the boys next week during the Pioneer Week here in Salt Lake...Thanks again for all that you do for our immediate family...you've always been a Great example to me and have inspired me in many different ways to always try and be a better individual...We've all come a long way and if it wasn't for the Gospel and all that we've been taught during our upbringing from our Parents/Grandparents we all would be lost..but I'm so grateful that I have such a huge family that I know I can always count on one of you's to call when the going gets tough...especially all my 9 sisters.....who can ask for more....so anyways may your day be filled with lots of suprises,and hugs and kisses from you cute boys and wifey!!!! and may you get all that you've wished or dreamed for today!!!! Ofa lahi Atu, your sis, Katharine

3 comments:

Jen said...

You got Roy down to a Tee and it was refreshing reading your thoughts...you forgot to mention Roys quirky side that keeps us laughing...anyhow...we're lucky to have Roy and YOU as our oldest siblings....

Lyla And Company! said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROY!!! KAT I AM CALLING YOU SOON FOR LUNCH OR DINNER...HOPE WE CAN GET TOGETHER WHILE I AM HERE!!! OFA ATU!!!

Ana said...

I love this post! I am just now finally reading it! I'm gonna have to go and grab roy to read it! He will definitely enjoy reading about himself.. lol.. it's nice to hear about him from another point of view.. thanks about the "shining" part about me hardly true but it was nice to hear ;) well kat..luv ya take care